Rangers Diary 8/07/13

By Andrew Brown 


In-Game Thoughts from the Rangers Game

As I sit here watching the Rangers game I can’t help but piss myself from the excitement over the sheer ridiculousness of the combination of Jurickson Profar and Elvis Andrus up the middle.

Profar and Andrus are each defensive gurus in their own regards, but the combination of them is an impenetrable, acrobatically athletic, and at times jaw-dropping force.

Like Batman and Robin, but better and less stupid than Robin. Batman and Batman.

All I can think is that if Ian Kinsler can commit to being a DH then the Rangers infield for the next few years will be one of the best defensive infields ever, with the exception of Mitch.

Additional thoughts from the Rangers game:

  • I’m so glad for Joey Butler for finally getting his shot in the big leagues. The dude is a class act and chill all around guy. The only guy I’ve ever met whose excuse for turning down an interview was “I just gotta do me, man.”
  • Elvis Andrus tagging out a runner from his ass made me geek out harder than a Trekie watching Alice Eve get revealing.
  • It is amazing how many more of Josh Hamilton’s douchie tendencies are noticeable from the side of the rival team. He must have been a pretty awful teammate in the club house, sure explains why the club seems more focused this late in the year as opposed to last year’s abortion of a season
  • I swear Mike Trout comes up once an inning. Why does he have to play for the Angles?
  • Matt Harrison is probably two or three weeks away from coming back, he has been steadily progressing through his minor rehab assignment and pitching fairly well. He should definitely be back for the playoffs. Potential playoff rotation would be: Garza, Darvish, Holland, Perez (young gun has been dealing lately), and Harrison as a possible 5th reliever if they opt not to use a 4-man rotation. That is a pretty stout rotation, and has a decent amount of playoff experience too. God I hope we make the playoffs, the Rangers are such a tease.
  • Being a Rangers fan is hard.


0 comments: