Brownie's OU Hate.




No metaphors. No analogies. No cleverly worded quips or one-liners.

I am just going to say this whole-heartedly and completely straight-faced: I hate OU.

I am from Austin and grew up a Longhorn fan, as my father has worked at UT for nearly three decades, so I was literally born to hate the Sooners.

I am not going to make a “10 things I’d rather do list” for this week, because I couldn’t limit it to 10 things.

I would never go there. Ever.

If OU is the only school I was accepted to then I would go work a minimum wage job and work under a bridge.

I would rather get involved in the Mexican drug cartel than go to OU (ok, I guess I did one “I would rather”).

And here we sit this week, playing the Sooners on the final game of the season.

For TCU, this game means everything and would make the ultimate redemption for a promising season that was drunkenly driven into mediocrity.

For OU, this game decides their BCS fate, and whether or not they will win at least a share of the Big 12 (10) title.

The Sooners have been here before, the Frogs have not. They have every thing to lose, we don’t.

And that’s why we’re going to win.

TCU will come out of the gates on fire, just like we did against Texas, and pound the ball down the Sooners throats with a physical, creative running game that they haven’t seen anything like since Kansas State.

The defense, which unsurprisingly to TCU fans has emerged as the best in a Big 12 (10) that is loaded with defensive studs and NFL talent, is going to shut down the Sooners’ running game and make Landry Jones beat us.

 
And I just simply don’t think he can.

I’ve been actively rooting against the success and happiness of Jones for four years now, and I have finally concluded that he just isn’t that good.

He is constantly surrounded by pro talent at the skill positions, and plays behind the best offensive line in the Big 12 (10), and yet still he underperforms.


Any circus monkey can put up big numbers in a no huddle system, especially when they are surrounded by that much talent. But Jones has never proven he can win big games.

Any time he has been tested he has fallen flat on his face.



The yearly stomping of UT? Big deal, they haven’t been relevant since McCoy left.

The massive numbers against West Virginia? Marshall could throw for 400 yards against West Virginia.

Beating UConn in the Fiesta Bowl? Seriously, don’t insult our intelligence.

The fact is that OU always begins the year as a National Title contender, beats up on the little giants, and then loses to whatever real teams they play that year.

Notre Dame wiped their catholic asses with OU. In Norman no less.

K-State dominated them with a physical running game and defense that the Sooners just couldn’t match.

And I will go on record right now in saying this: TCU has the best defense that the Sooners will face this year.

The secondary is filled with hard-hitting ballhawks who take away any 50/50 balls.

Kenny Cain and Marcus Mallet are tackling machines, and absolute run stoppers.

The defensive line is so stocked with talent and so dominant that even Mckayla Maroney is impressed by them.

TCU is going to win and ruin OU’s season.

OU is going to fall flat on its face in front of Hell’s Half Acre.

And I’m going to be laughing while they do.

0 comments: