Week 6 Rankings.

Marsh's Top Ten. 

*These do not actually factor into the BCS formula*

1. Alabama-Even in a bye week, they still looked like the best team in the country.

Out of my glove and into my mouth
2. Oregon-Oregon continues to put up numbers like the daily calories of a softball catcher.

3. South Carolina-The way they played Saturday, has me thinking that a team could actually beat Bama. But then I realize that's Pachall on a Wednesday night type thinking. 

4. West Virginia-They'd take over Oregon's spot if their defense didn't have more holes to fill than Alexis Texas.



5. Kansas State-I would like them or WVU to win out, just so a Big 12 team will go the NC.

6. Florida-It's really hard to tell just how good they are. A&M is A&M and LSU has cast a spell over the country into thinking they're actually good. I think they'll get whipped by South Carolina.

7. Notre Dame-Again, let's see how good they are when they aren't playing B1G teams or the pit of the ACC.

8. Oregon State-Frogs excluded---this is my favorite team of 2012. They could be a top 5 (or even top 3) team by the time the end of November rolls around when they play Oregon. It would be a great thing for the sport. The Beavers (named after tv star Roseann) are biggest and most pleasant surprise this season.

Sorry Roseann, there's bigger, badder Beaver in town. 

9. Ohio State-Sucks for them. They could be no. 2 and it still wouldn't matter. It's like Kate Upton going to a party but having to wear a chastity belt.

10. USC-They weren't the team everyone thought they were gonna be but Bark is still a great quarterback and Marquis Lee is putting himself out there as a very strong candidate for the Heisman. 







Marsh's Heisman Rankings 

1. Geno Smith-At this point, it really shouldn't be a question. 
2. Colin Klein-Even his parents call him Eric Crouch by mistake. 
3. De'Anthony Thomas-Speed kills. Just ask Casey "The Snowman" Pachall.
    Tavon Austin-Hard to say where he'd be without Geno. But he's guarded about as well as late 1930s Poland every game...so that must be worth at least something,

4. FSU's back up quarterback's hair. 

Bowls. 

Rose-Oregon State vs. Nebraska (adv. OSU) 

Fiesta-West Virginia vs. Notre Dame (adv. WV) 

Orange-FSU vs. Louisville zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sugar-South Carolina vs. Kansas State (adv. SC) 

NC-Bama vs. Oregon (adv. Bama) 


I was going for the "Patrick Bateman" look. Stock's up. Cock's up. 

Brownie’s Real Top Ten

1.      Bama – I am not arguing that there is a better team in the country, because there isn’t, but I think their schedule is a lot weaker than most people think. Michigan was a pretender, Arkansas is a joke, and I don’t think they have really been tested yet. In my opinion Bama could easily lose one or two games this year.
2.      Oregon – I think it is just a matter of time before they implement the flying V into their offense.
3.      South Carolina – Connor Shaw has rebounded nicely from his early season injury, Marcus Lattimore is a stud even though he isn’t 100% this season, and that defense is nasty. Best pass rush in the country in my mind. Georgia was overrated, but still. You don’t stick it to a top 5 team like that by accident.
4.      West Virginia – To anyone who says this is too high because of the West Virginia defense, all I have to say is this: Scoreboard. They are outscoring everyone and proved against Texas that they have a shadow of a run game.
5.      Kansas State – I think they have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 12 (10) and, dare I say it, contend for a national title. I doubt they will, because the day Kansas State wins a national title will be the day that my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.
6.      Florida – I didn’t put them in the top 5 because I couldn’t bring myself to rank three SEC teams in the top 5. I just couldn’t.
7.      Ohio State – Who saw them being good this year. I know I didn’t. but they are legit, and Braxton Miller may be the best dual threat QB that Suburban Meyer has had since Alex Smith (hope that stings Tebow).
8.      Notre Dame – They are losing to Stanford this week so luckily I never have to rank them in the top 10 again. God I hate Notre Dame.
9.      LSU – They lost, yes, but underestimating the Tigers is a death sentence.
10.  USC – I cant believe they pulled it out in Utah but the Trojans reminded everyone that they are still relevant. Marquise Lee is officially in the Heisman race.



Brownie’s Heisman Race

1. Geno Smith – Any objections? Anyone? Anyone at all? Thought so.
2. Collin Klein – Once again, he makes K-State relevant. That alone is Heisman worthy.
3. De’Anthony Thomas – it is looking less and less likely that he will win the Heisman because of how phenomenal Geno has been and how much Klein means to his team. But my goodness is he fun to watch.
4. Marquise Lee – he is genuinely amazing.
      5. Tavon Austin – He won’t win because his success hinges on Geno’s. But he is the X, Y, and Z factor of the explosive Mountaineer offense...


And a random picture of Kate Upton. 



0 comments: